Rotary Ft Lauderdale/Cypress Creek
Service Projects for 2015 – 2016 Rotary Year
We have had a number of first time service projects, and thanks to great planning and club support, they have all been very successful. These projects included:
- July 2015 – Chris Evert Children’s Hospital [visit very sick children and their families in the hospital, and bring them gifts to try to brighten their day],
- Aug 2015 – Life Net for Families Families [work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate],
- Sept 2015 – Purchased kitchen equipment for Life Net for Families,
- Oct 2015 – Honor Flights [honor US WW II Veterans as they return from a trip to Washington DC to see the monuments built in their honor],
- Oct 2015 – March 2016 – Dictionary Project [provide dictionaries to 3rd graders in title 1 schools],
- Nov 2015 – Tomorrow’s Rainbows [assist with the set up of a grief counseling camp for children who have lost a parent],
- Nov 2015 – Net for Families [work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate],
- Dec 2015 – The Giving Tree – purchased holiday gifts for children who would not otherwise have any holiday gifts and volunteered to wrap holiday gifts for children who receive gifts from The Giving Tree,
- Dec 2015 – Raised money and donate to the Cleft Lip project [life changing surgeries of the children]!
- Jan 2016 – Parkinson Walk – donate time and money [individual members funds] to support Parkinson awareness and research,
- Feb 2016 – Lifenet for Families [work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate],
- March 2016 – Stop Hunger Now [purchased supplies and created 15,000 meals in 2 hours – meals provided to people in an area of the world where people are dying every day of starvation – meals are delivered to children through schools and the children are weighted monthly to ensure they are receiving the meals
- March 2016 – Lupus Walk – club supplied the volunteer manpower to staff the lupus walk. Club members also walked and donated funds to promote Lupus awareness and research,
- April 2016 – Backpack Project [purchased and supplied backpacks filed with school supplies for children entering the foster care system!],
- May 2016 – for Families [work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate],
- Weekly for 2015 – 2016 – Adopting an Elementary School/Liberty Elementary [2 members tutor students on a weekly basis],
- 2015 – 2016 Roteract [set up and mentor a high school version of Rotary],
- Weekly for 2015 – 2016 – Collect soaps and shampoos to donated to Life Net for Families,
In addition, we are starting planning a new project:
- Bikes in Africa, donating bicycles to people in rural communities in Africa where the people have no means of transportation – the transportation will enable them to obtain schooling, medical service and sell their own wares – and can allow them to more than double their income.
Wow!!! Our work really makes a difference.