CLUB YEAR ENDING JUNE 30, 2012
CLUB ADMINISTRATION COMMITTEE
- Conduct activities associated with effective operation of the club;
- Help identify and develop future leaders for and beyond the club;
- Maintains attendance & all club records.
- Review and reccommend updates to the club bylaws;
- Maintain working relationship with club standing committies;
- Develop standard procedures for continuity, communication and Rotarian involvement and;
- Promote fellowship among club members.
Chair - Susan Newton
Members - Steve Gehalo
- Establishes a club goal for growth, together with the president;
- Assists the president in developing a membership plan for the club;
- Develops strategies to reach the established goal for growth, increases club member satisfaction and prevent membership loss;
- Encourages all members to propose prospective members;
- Promotes the District membership development seminar;
- Oversees a club assembly on membership as soon as the goals, plans and strategies are developed;
- Reviews the club roster of filled and unfilled classifications;
- Presents a program on membership development;
- Proposes names of qualified persons to the Board to fill open classifications;
- Observes Membership and Extension Month (August) by organizing a club forum on this critical topic, holding a special guest day for prospective members, or recognizing current members who have brought in new members and,
Reminds members of the club’s development goals regularly.
Chair - Susan Newton
Members - Randy Friedlander
Chair Steven Breitbart
Members Mike Ritter Community Service
Steven Breitbart International Service
Terry Breitbord Vocational Service
INCLUDES COMMUNITY SERVICE
- Addresses issues dealing with then physical state of a community and its outlying suburban and rural areas;
- Focuses on projects that deal with community centers, health facilities, infrastructure improvement, libraries, parks and recreational facilities, public facilities, safety, sanitation, schools and urban and rural revitalization.
INCLUDES INTERNATIONAL SERVICE
- Provides Rotarians with information on the World Community Service program and resources available from Rotary International and its Foundation;
- Identifies and coordinates opportunities to form World Community Service partnerships with clubs in other countries, and;
- Promotes World Understanding Month (February) and World Understanding and Peace Day (February 23), by supporting a WCS project.
- Develops projects and programs that increase members’ knowledge and appreciation of various occupations;
- Emphasizes the worthiness to society of all useful occupations;
- Develops ways of recognizing those who achieve vocational excellence;
- Devises means of recognizing those who practice high ethical standards in their vocation.
Chair: Dan Czaplewski
CLUB SERVICE COMMITTEE
- Plans and hosts various club social events;
- Encourages close relationships among the members;
- Ensures broad participation by club members in fund raising activities, and;
- Carefully manages the finances associated with fund raising activities.
Chair - Chad Pugatch
PUBLIC RELATIONS COMMITTEE
- Works with main stream media to gain favorable publicity;
- Maintains club history
Chair - Shantell Rochester
THE ROTARY FOUNDATION COMMITTEE
- Develops support of membership for TRF;
- To include, Foundation Alumni, Annaul Giving, Grants, Group Study Exchange, Permanent Fund, Polio Plus, Scholarships & Fundraising for the clubs programs
Chair - Elihu Phares
Meeting Time & Location Information
Tuesday at 12:00 PM
Westin Cypress Creek Hotel
400 Corporate Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 33334 map it
Elihu F. Phares
The Westin Hotel is located on the north side of Cypress Creek Road east of I-95.
Meeting room location on display in lobby.