This year we will be putting the mystery is a western theme entitled “A Fistful of Hollars,” and we are in need of sponsors, silent auction items, and attendees.
Purchase tickets or sponsorships here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fistful-of-hollars-tickets-42648006335.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN SOLD OUT THE LAST TWO YEARS! It is a fantastic evening with business leaders from our local community attending so your sponsorship or gift would not only be helping fund our service projects, it is an excellent advertising opportunity. The Rotary Club of Fort Lauderdale/Cypress Creek Charitable Fund, Inc. (EIN# 47-4993435) is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Below is a list of some of our current and recent service projects through which we help those in need both in our local and international communities:
- LifeNet4Families [we purchase kitchen equipment used to feed the less fortunate] – this is both a current and past project;
- Dictionary Project [we purchase and provide dictionaries to 3rd graders in title 1 schools in Broward County – these are for kids that do not generally have internet access in their homes] – this is both a current and past project;
- Salah Children’s Hospital, formerly Chris Evert Children’s Hospital [we visit very sick children and their families in the hospital, and provided gifts to try to brighten their day] – this is both a current and past project;
- Honor Flights [we volunteer and honor US WW II Veterans as they return from a trip to Washington DC to see the monuments built in their honor – these are people who truly help preserve our freedoms] this is both a current and past project;
- Tomorrow’s Rainbows [we assist with a grief counseling camp for children who have lost a parent] – this is both a current and past project;
- Pack-A-Sack [helping Pack-A-Sack feed Broward County School Children who need food on weekends holiday through the school year] – this is a current project;
- Bicycles for Africa [we collect, package, ship and donate bicycles to people in rural communities in Africa where they have no means of transportation. The bicycle enables them to obtain schooling, medical service and sell their own wares – and can allow them to more than double their income to break the poverty cycle] – this is both a current and past project;
- Rise Against Hunger, formerly Stop Hunger Now [we purchased supplies and packaged ready to eat meals (over 70,000 meals created by our Club in the last 4 years) which were provided to people/children in an area of the world where people are dying every day of starvation – meals are delivered to children through schools and the children are weighted monthly to ensure they are receiving the meals] – this is both a current and past project;
- The Giving Tree [we purchased holiday gifts for children who would not otherwise have any holiday gifts and volunteered to wrap holiday gifts for children who receive gifts from The Giving Tree] – this is both a current and past project; and
- LifeNet4Families [we work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate] – this is both a current and past project;
- Adopting an Elementary School/Liberty Elementary [our members volunteer in the school and tutor the children] – this is both a current and past project.