Rotary Ft Lauderdale/Cypress Creek
Service Projects for 2016-2017 Rotary Year
We had a busy service calendar in 2016-2017 with many projects. These projects included:
- Life Net for Families Families – work the kitchen and food line to feed the less fortunate
- Honor Flights – honor US WW II Veterans as they return from a trip to Washington DC to see the monuments built in their honor
- Dictionary Project – Delivered over 1,500 dictionaries to 3rd graders in title 1 schools in Broward County.
- Giving Tree -purchased holiday gifts for children who would not otherwise have any holiday gifts and volunteered to wrap holiday gifts for children who receive gifts from The Giving Tree
- Rise Against Hunger – purchased supplies and created over 20,000 meals in 2 hours – meals provided to people in an area of the world where people are dying every day of starvation – meals are delivered to children through schools and the children are weighted monthly to ensure they are receiving the meals
- Adopting an Elementary School/Liberty Elementary – 2 members tutor students on a weekly basis, over 40 volunteers in total
- Interact – set up and mentor a high school version of Rotary
- Collect soaps and shampoos to donated to Life Net for Families
- Bikes for Humanity – donating over 250 bicycles to people in rural communities in Africa where the people have no means of transportation – the transportation will enable them to obtain schooling, medical service and sell their own wares – and can allow them to more than double their income.
- Jacob’s Shoes – Collected hundreds of shoes to distribute to children in need.
- Walk to Stop Diabetes – Volunteers participated in this event to raise awareness for Diabetes
- Parkinson’s Walk – Over 20 volunteers, including students and faculty from Keiser University participated in this walk to raise awareness for Parkinson’s disease.
- Lupus Walk – Our Rotarians walked in support of and to raise awareness of Lupus.
- Harvest Drive – Collected and distributed food for the Thanksgiving Holiday to families in need.
- Giving Tree – Fulfilled the holiday gift wishes of a family and wrapped presents for those less fortunate in our community. Collectively we wrapped over 1,000 toys.
- Junior Achievement World – Assisted students in learning about how a community is run.
Wow!!! Our work really makes a difference.