Welcome to the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek’s(“Club”) Second Annual Pitch Night! All members are encouraged to select a service project and apply to “pitch” your cause to the Club on Pitch Night, Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
Applications are by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, October 6, 2020. Five applications will be pre-selected by the Pitch Night Committee. These five qualifiers will each have 5-minutes to pitch the members to support their cause, followed by 5-minutes of Q & A.
The winning service project will receive $1,000.00 and the support of the Club members to execute the project! An audience choice second-place prize of $500 will be award. An application will only be accepted through an active member of the Club.
Service Project Requirements:
1. The project must be primarily in Broward County (and surrounding area as determined by the Club and the Committee, in their sole discretion) and can be executed following the CDC and mandated guidelines due to COVID-19.
2. The project needs to allow Club members to participate as volunteers (following CDC and mandated guidelines). It could be multiple volunteer opportunities, reoccurring/ongoing service, or one-time volunteer events.
3. Project must begin (Club volunteer participation) by no later than February 2021 and be fully completed no later than May 30, 2021.
4. The project does not have to require the full use of $1,000.00. It can cost from $0.00 up to $1,000.00 to execute. The goal is to positively impact our community and involve and engage the Club’s members, working and volunteering with you, but safely (CDC and government requirements).
5. Service project categories are open. It can be youth, elderly, homeless, environmental…you name it. If it is important to you, Pitch it!
6. You must lead the charge to execute your Service Project. You can work with others outside the club. The club member can make the pitch or it can be made by someone outside the Club under the sponsoring member’s supervision.
7. Make the Pitch informative and fun!
Send completed application to Violet Lowrey email@example.com by October 6, 2020