Do you have a project to pitch?
If it’s important to you, PITCH IT!
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
5:30pm – 8:30 pm
Xtreme Action Park
5300 Powerline Rd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Welcome to the Rotary Club of Ft. Lauderdale/Cypress Creek’s (“Club”) First Annual Pitch Night! All members are encouraged to select a service project and apply to “pitch” your cause to the Club on Pitch Night, Tuesday, October 22, 2019. Applications are due by Tuesday, September 24, 2019. Five applications will be pre-selected by the Pitch Night Committee. These five qualifiers will each have 5-minutes to pitch the members to support their cause, followed by 5-miuntes of Q & A. The winning service project will receive $1,000.00 and the support of the Club members to execute the project! An audience choice second place prize of $500 will be award. An application will only be accepted through an active member of the Club.
Service Project Requirements:
- The project must be primarily in north end of Miami-Dade County, Broward County or south end of Palm Beach County.
- The project needs to allow Club members to participate as volunteers (hands on). It could be multiple volunteer opportunities, reoccurring/ongoing service, or one-time volunteer events.
- Project must begin (Club volunteer participation) by no later than February 28, 2020 and end by no later than May 30, 2020.
- The project does not have to require the full use of the awarded funds (you only received what you use). The goal is to positively impact our community and get our club members involved in volunteering together.
- Service project categories are open. It can be youth, elderly, homeless, environmental…you name it. If it is important to you, Pitch it!
- You must lead the charge to execute your Service Project. You can work with others outside the club (individuals, a 501 C3 or others). The club member can make the pitch or it can be made by someone outside the Club under the sponsoring member’s supervision.
Send completed application to Violet Lowrey, Project Chair, email@example.com by September 24, 2019.
Service Project Pitch Night Application:
Note: You may use multimedia presentations, handouts, etc. Whatever you think will pitch your project the best and energize your Club Members to support you! You may pitch on your own or form a team.
Rotary Applying Member(s):
Proposed Recipient Organization:
Mission/Overview of Recipient Organization:
Proposed Service Project/Use of Funds:
Why this is important to you:
Service Project Cost:
Service Project Location/Address:
Total Estimated Number of Volunteer Hours:
Number of volunteers needed:
Volunteer Date(s) & Time(s):